The Latest from the Paramount Theatre
Yes, you still have to wear your mask.
We are proof you can still watch movies, music, comedy, and more with a mask on. We launched all of our Health & Safety initiatives this past September that exceeded both federal and state requirements, and what we’ve been doing has been working. The safety of our community, patrons, the artists on our stages, volunteers, and staff remains our primary objective. Masks are mandatory, seating is limited until further notice.
We have a variety of programming to meet you where you feel most comfortable: outdoors in downtown Austin for The Office! A Murder Mystery Parody walking experience, in the theatre for limited capacity shows like the Moontower Comedy Club Series with Tim Dillon and Mark Normand, and virtually with I Saw the Lights starring Greater Tuna’s Jaston Williams. See a list of all upcoming shows.
You can find our full list of health and safety initiatives below. You can also find a consolidated list of Paramount, Stateside, and Moontower Comedy show changes.
AUSTIN’S HISTORIC VENUES NEED YOUR HELP: After canceling or rescheduling hundreds of shows, we have reopened the Paramount at only 25% capacity for very limited engagements. As a nonprofit that has always relied on community support in addition to funds from ongoing performances, the pandemic is taking a massive toll. We hope you will consider becoming a member or making a one-time, tax-deductible donation. If you are able to give at this time, your support will directly protect the 105-year-old Paramount Theatre and 85-year-old State Theatre.
Keeping Our Community, Patrons, Volunteers, and Staff Safe
- Masks are required for all patrons over the age of 10 and must remain on unless you are eating or drinking in your seat.
- Staff and volunteers will always have masks on.
- All tickets will be digital or print-at-home only to minimize contact. A Paramount usher will scan your ticket through a plexiglass separator upon entry. (If you do not see the email with your PDF tickets attached in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder or “Promotions” tab.)
- Every show requires an assigned seat – there is no General Admission. Note: Donors and Film Fans with special ticket benefits will receive communication on reserving assigned seats.
- Staggered arrival times: We’ve set staggered arrival times that will help maintain our socially-distanced environment. You can find your specific arrival time on your mobile or print-at-home ticket.
- Safe entry: Staff and line signs will be at the theatre entrance to guide you in a safe, socially distanced entry. Once inside, you can easily follow the clear pathway to your seat or break off for concession and bathroom lines. There are concessions and bathrooms on both levels.
- If you have any ticketing questions, please call the Box Office at 512-474-1221 or email email@example.com.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
- We are moving to a Clear Bag Policy to minimize contact that a bag search would require.
- Clear bags should not exceed 14″ x 12″ x 6″ in size.
- Small, non-clear clutch bags will be allowed, and should not exceed 4.5” x 6.5” in size.
NEW SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING
- Our new ticketing setup automatically blocks out multiple seats around to guarantee appropriate physical separation.
- Seating will also be every other row at 25% capacity.
BAR & CONCESSIONS
- Upon entry, there will be a clear path to the bar if you wish to purchase before finding your seat.
- We’ve gone cashless! Please be prepared to insert your credit card when our bartenders are ready for easy, touchless payment.
- Bar lines are mapped out to keep 6-ft distance. We encourage one person from your group to go to the bar. We will have easy-to-transport bags for multiple drinks and snacks.
FULL THEATRE SANITATION
- Every seat, surface, door handle, bathroom, railing, and more will be thoroughly sanitized before each show.
- Full sanitations include fogging all areas of the theatre in addition to the surface cleaning with FDA-approved and CDC-recommended products and methods.
- Sanitation stations will be set up throughout the theatre for your personal use.
- Convenient $10 parking is available at 600 Congress Avenue thanks to our friends at Premier Parking. This price is good on Paramount show days, Monday–Friday 5pm–3am and all day Saturday–Sunday. You can add parking to your purchase online and will receive a voucher attached to your mobile or print-at-home ticket to redeem at the theatre’s box office or bar. You may also purchase a parking voucher at the theatre.
- Please be aware that the 600 Congress Avenue elevators are only allowing a two-person capacity at this time.
- Remember, if you have a large, non-clear bag, be sure to leave it in your car!
Have feedback or questions? Let us know. We can’t wait to see you!
Paramount & Stateside Theatres
Listed alphabetically by Show Title.
- Adam Ant – Wed, Apr 28 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Bert Kreischer (at Bass Concert Hall) – Sat, Mar 6 | Rescheduled to Thu, Dec 2, 2021
- Bob Saget – Sat, Jan 9 | Rescheduled to Fri, Dec 3, 2021
- Boz Scaggs – Tue, Aug 4 | Rescheduled to Mon, Sep 27, 2021
- Brian Culbertson: XX Tour – Fri, May 14 | Canceled
- Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood – Sun, Sep 27 | Rescheduled to Sat, Jul 24, 2021
- Chingo Bling – Sat, Apr 4 | Canceled
- Chris Botti – Thu, May 14 | Rescheduled to Sat, Nov 6, 2021
- Christopher Cross – Wed, Apr 1 | Rescheduled to Thu, Nov 4, 2021
- Conan & Friends Live in Austin – Sun, Mar 29 | Canceled
- Criminal – Sat, Sep 5 | Canceled
- David Crosby & the Sky Trails Band – Wed, May 27 | Rescheduled to Thu, May 27, 2021
- David Foster – Wed, Jan 13, 2021 | Canceled
- Dita Von Teese: Glamonatrix – Fri, Aug 21 | Postponed; new date TBD
- The Dollop – Fri, Apr 3 | Canceled
- Fly Fishing Film Tour 2020 – Fri, Mar 27 | Canceled
- Fortune Feimster – Fri, Apr 17 | Rescheduled to Fri, May 21, 2021
- Gary Gulman – Sat, Apr 11 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Hannibal Buress – Sat, Mar 21 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Heather Land – Fri, May 15 | Canceled
- Heather McMahan – June 24-25 | Rescheduled to Fri, Aug 20, 2021 and Sat, Aug 21, 2021
- The Hollies – Thu, Jul 16 | Canceled
- Jane Goodall – Tue, Apr 14 | Canceled
- Jim Jefferies – Fri, May 29 | Canceled
- Kurt Vile and Cate Le Bon – Fri, May 15 | Canceled
- Kyle Kinane – Wed, Jun 3 | Canceled
- Last Podcast on the Left – Wed, Apr 22 | Canceled
- Letterkenny Live! – Wed, Apr 15 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Lori McKenna – Fri, May 22 | Canceled
- The Magic of Bill Blagg – Thu, Feb 5, 2021 | Rescheduled to Fri, Feb 25, 2022
- Michael Martin Murphey’s Cowboy Christmas – Mon, Dec 14 | Canceled
- Mike Birbiglia Live! – Sun, Jun 14 | Rescheduled to Oct 8 | Oct 9
- Miranda Sings – Sun, Apr 26 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Mo Gilligan – Sat, May 30 | Canceled
- The Mojo Manifesto – Fri, Mar 20 | Canceled
- Nobody’s Girl – Sat, Jul 11 | Canceled
- Paramount Gala – Sat, May 9 | Rescheduled to Fri, Mar 5, 2021
- The Rachel & Dave Hollis Variety Show – Tue, Mar 24 | Canceled
- Reckless Kelly – Sat, May 23 | Rescheduled to Fri, Sep 3, 2021
- Samin Nosrat (at The Long Center) – Tue, Feb 2 | Canceled
- The Selena Experience – Thu, Apr 2 | Canceled
- Sibling Rivalry – Sun, Jul 19 | Canceled
- Steve-O: Bucket List Tour – Sat, Sep 12 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Three Dog Night – Thu, Apr 9 | Rescheduled to Thu, Dec 2, 2021
- Tim Dillon – Jan 21-23, 2021 | Rescheduled to Mar 18-20, 2021
- Todd Snider – Wed, Sep 23 | Rescheduled to Fri, Jun 4, 2021
- Welcome to Night Vale – Wed, Feb 10 | Canceled
Listed alphabetically by Show Title.
Moontower Comedy Festival – Apr 22-25, 2020 | Rescheduled to Sep 22-25, 2021
- Andrew Schulz – Fri, Apr 24 | Rescheduled to Sat, Jun 26, 2021
- Chris Fleming – Thu, Apr 23 | Rescheduled to Sat, Apr 17, 2021
- Dan Soder – Sat, Apr 25 | Canceled
- Jacqueline Novak – Apr 22-24 | Rescheduled to May 15-16, 2021
- Last Podcast on the Left – Wed, Apr 22 | Canceled
- Maria Bamford – Apr 23-25 | Rescheduled to Jun 25-26, 2021
- Marlon Wayans – Wed, Apr 22 | Postponed; new date TBD
- Middleditch & Schwartz – Apr 24-25 | Rescheduled to Sun, May 16, 2021
- Nick Kroll – Sat, Apr 25 | Rescheduled to Fri, Jun 25, 2021
- Nikki Glaser – Thu, Apr 23 | Rescheduled to Sat, Jan 22, 2022
- Randy Feltface – Fri, Apr 24 | Canceled
- Ronny Chieng – Thu, Apr 23 | Rescheduled to Thu, Sep 9, 2021
- Roy Wood, Jr. – Apr 24-25 | Rescheduled to Jun 25-26, 2021
- Todd Barry – Wed, Apr 22 | Postponed; new date TBD
If you have any questions, you can reach our remote Box Office team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-474-1221.
We are beyond grateful for our passionate group of theatre members, preservation partners, arts education supporters, and Central Texas patrons. Simply put, without you, we don’t exist.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again soon.