Summer Classic Film Series
Austin has changed a lot over the past decade, but one tradition you can always count on is the Paramount Summer Classic Film Series, now in its 44th year. We are presenting more than 100 films this summer, so look forward to more well-preserved film prints and dazzling digital restorations, romance and laughs and thrills and more. Escape the unbearable heat (another Austin tradition that isn’t going anywhere) and join us for a three-month-long celebration of the movies!
We will have musicals and Westerns, scary movies and screwball comedies, thrilling adventures and foreign favorites, and weekend matinees for the whole family. We look forward to celebrating filmmakers who have given us cinematic experiences that we will never forget.
Look out for the full lineup in May, and we’ll see you at the movies!
Admission & Ticket Information
- Online Advance Admission: $12 (includes a $1 preservation fee)
- Regular Admission: $12 (available at Paramount Box Office on day of show and includes a $1 preservation fee)
- Film Fan Admission: $7 (See more details.)
- FLIX-TIX: The Best Summer Movie Bargain! FLIX-TIX gives you 10 admissions, good in any combination to the Summer Classic Film Series, for only $60 ($50 for Film Fan members). Purchase at the box office during the series.
- Parking: $5 Thanks to our friends at 600 Congress, affordable & secure parking is available for film-goers. Parking Info
- *Double Features: When two movies that are screening in the same theatre are grouped under the same thematic heading, one ticket is good for both features when viewed back-to-back on the same day (except as noted).
Film Fan Club
Enjoy quintessential Film Fan benefits like discounted or free admission, convenient parking, complimentary popcorn, premium seating + much more. (After purchase, your badge will be ready for pick up in two working days. If you need to rush this order please call 512-474-1221 ext.1).
We get the summer started with a weekend of characters and performers you’ll never forget
Thurs, May 23 | 7:30pm | Paramount
102 min. | B&W | 35mm
When Harry Met Sally
Fri, May 24 | 7:00pm | Paramount*
1989 – 30th Anniversary!
96 min. | Color | DCP
Fri, May 24 | 8:55pm | Paramount*
103 min. | Color | 35mm
It Happened One Night
Sat, May 25 | 3:15pm | Paramount*
1934 – 85th Anniversary!
105 min. | B&W | DCP
His Girl Friday
Sat, May 25 | 5:15pm | Paramount*
92 min. | B&W | DCP
My Fair Lady
Sun, May 26 | 2:00pm | Paramount
1964 – 55th Anniversary!
170 min. | Color | DCP
Family Film Festival Kick-Off
Movies to spark the imagination and inspire a new generation of classic movie lovers
The Wizard of Oz
Sat, May 25 | 1:00pm | Paramount
1939 – 80th Anniversary!
102 min. | B&W/Color | 35mm
Special Event: Napoleon Dynamite
A Conversation with Jon Heder “Napoleon Dynamite” Efren Ramirez “Pedro” and Jon Gries “Uncle Rico” PLUS A SCREENING OF THE CLASSIC MOVIE
Sat, July 13 | 7:30pm | Paramount
2004 – 15th Anniversary!
96 min. | Color | DCP
*Double Features: When two movies that are screening in the same theatre are grouped under the same thematic heading, one ticket is good for both features when viewed back-to-back on the same day (except as noted).
While finding parking in downtown Austin can be a challenge, finding a transit line that gets you there is easy! Try transit to and from the Paramount Theatre. It costs less than covered parking and you’ll avoid circling the city looking for a spot. Nearby transit stops include 8th/Congress, 11th/Congress, 8th/Lavaca, 8th/Guadalupe or take MetroRail to the Downtown Station.
Transit Routes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 30, 37, 801, 803, 985 and MetroRail will get you there!