Stage Production Manager
Supervisor: Director of Stage Production
Position: This position is full-time position with benefits and paid time off
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre (1300 seats and 180+ shows a year) has served Austin for more than a century. It stands next door to the State Theatre (300 seats and 120+ shows per year), constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing, and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The theatres continue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events. The Paramount and State are the annual home to SXSW Film Festival, ATX Television Festival, and Paramount Summer Classic Film Series (total of 300+ film screenings) and many outreach programs. Additionally, we own and produce the annual two-week Moontower JFL Austin Comedy Festival (11 days, 150+ comics, 170+ shows, 10 venues). Each year, more than 275,000 people pass through our doors to attend live performing arts events and films.
We have an immediate opening for a Production Manager on our Production team. This position is responsible for advancing and managing live events at the Paramount and State Theatres.
Must be able to work a full shift / required work schedule, including frequent nights and weekends.
- Advance event prior to show date, including but not limited to:
- Backline/audio/lighting/projection/etc. gear rentals
- Schedule stage crew and support staff
- Make transportation arrangements for talent
- Work with hospitality attendant to fulfill tour requests
- Handle cash for tour buyouts, etc.
- Distribute necessary event information to other ATA departments
- Misc. other production details specific to each event
- Day of show, manage event from tour arrival through departure including but not limited to:
- Arrival before crew and tour to prep space for day
- Provide event overview with relevant information for stage crew
- Mark permitted parking and clear non-permitted vehicles
- Act as liaison between staff, crew, and tour to ensure all union rules and scheduling are adhered to
- Maintain safety and facility parameters
- Communicate with FOH staff regarding doors, show start, and intermission
- Assist Event Manager in coordination of VIP or meet and greet events around stage activity
- Prepare Production settlement
- Confirm backstage areas are restored after tour departure and that backstage and doors are locked and secured at EOD
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Proven experience in a similar stage or event production role for at least 3 years
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in a theatre venue preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlooks and Google Sheets
- Previous experience working with a labor union preferred
- Must be available to work extended work hours at times, including nights and weekends.
- General physical requirement such as lifting 25lbs., standing for long periods, walking long distances, ability to walk up and traverse multiple flights of stairs, bending and constant motion is often required.
- Health insurance benefits package (medical, dental and vision)
- Company paid short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Competitive time with vacation, sick and holidays
- Access to covered downtown garage parking
- Gold’s Gym membership discount
- Countless opportunities for once-in-a-lifetime experiences at shows, festivals, galas, and beyond
- And more!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Production Manager.”
The Paramount Theatre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.