Moontower Volunteer Program - The Deets
Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival
April 24-27, 2013
Because it’s funny!
Downtown Austin, Texas|
With a lot of help, including yours!
What does a Moontower Volunteer do?
Great question! We don’t have specific roles – instead, our volunteers do a little bit of everything. You’ll be a Jack of All Trades. Below is a rundown of the activities you’ll do in a given night.
- Line liaison – people like to know what’s going on. What line should I be in? When will the seating open? I’m a VIP – where do I go? Can I park over there? Is this going to fill up before I can get in? Where’s ____ venue and who’s there?
- Badge checker – The stinking badges are uber important. You’ll know who’s in and who’s out.
- Counter – how many badges have entered? How many single ticket? How many VIP’s? How many total? What does the fire code allow? How close are we to capacity? Keep it all organized and up-to-date.
- VIP area host – here’s where you’re supposed to sit. Are YOU supposed to be sitting here? Anything you need? No, we don’t supply that sort of thing...
- General Help – Ticket taking or crowd seating or running an errand or setting up chairs or getting something for the stage manager or, well, you get the picture.
- Break Down – Oh, and everybody pitches in at the end of shows to clear the crowd out and re-set for the next set.
Have questions? We’ve got answers!
How old do I have to be? 21 and over, please!
Is there a minimum number of volunteer nights? Yes, you must be able to volunteer for at least two nights. We’d love you to volunteer for more if you can!
What are the shift times, and how long are they? For the most part, our volunteers help out between 4:00 pm and 12:00 am during the fest; shifts are between 4 and 6 hours each.
What if I’m up for a bit more responsibility? We can help with that! A few volunteers will be invited to take a leadership role at the fest. Our leaders check on a number of venues throughout the night and liaise with the volunteer coordinator and house managers. Toss your name in the hat when filling out the registration form.
What do volunteers get? Tons of love and thank you’s from the festival team, as well as some really cool bennies:
- A cool t-shirt!
- Free entry into shows (on the day you are volunteering, before or after your shift).
- You will probably see most of the show(s) you work. Volunteers will tag-team with each other to keep an eye on the front of the house while enjoying the fruits of your labor.
- You get to see how it happens and make it happen – a behind-the-scenes experience at how shows, and festivals, are done.
Is there a volunteer orientation? Yes there is! Please be prepared to attend a two-hour orientation on Sunday, April 21 2:00ish.
Wanna do this? Yes, please!
Click HERE to register.
Need help? Get in touch with Robert at MoontowerVolunteer@gmail.com.