Downtown theatre complex and entertainment producer seeks experienced, talented and energetic Programming Associate for full-time position. The Austin Theatre Alliance houses two established historic performing arts centers in Austin, Texas - the Paramount Theatre (1275 seats) and Stateside at the Paramount (305 seats). It is also the producer of Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival.
The successful candidate is looking to further their career in the entertainment industry and will exhibit qualities such as mathematical aptitude, strong communication and organizational expertise as well as display a self-motivated, positive attitude. Previous experience in the entertainment field is a must. Competitive salary/benefits package.
The partial description of the position is as follows:
- Manage shows and conduct settlements with artists
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of show budgets, spreadsheets
- Assist Director with artist contracts; Prepare and track rental contracts
- Track artist guarantees and payments
- Coordinate show manifest with BO Manager (ticket prices, holds, builds)
- Coordinate all departments on day of show to ready theatre for event
- Schedule Security
- Communicate with Artists’ management regarding photography, meet and greets, etc.
- Oversee all artist merchandise sales
- Maintain online event calendars
- Field rental inquiries from promoters and organizations
- Create weekly Marquee Schedule for theatres
- Calculate and report quarterly music royalties (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC)
- Run reports through ticketing system and analyze data
- Participate in multiple annual tent pole events: Gala, Moontower Comedy Festival, etc.
- Duties as assigned
- 2 years similar experience in an entertainment environment
- College Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), electronic calendars, etc.
- Knowledge of ticketing and Box Office strategies a major plus
- Must be organized and have strong math/accounting skills
- Must be able to work effectively in an open, fast-paced environment
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while being able to prioritize and move each project along to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and problem solve without direct supervision
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, holidays
- Working condition will include: Exposure to standard office conditions, repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation, use of manual dexterity, climbing of stairs, ability to lift 30 pounds.
To Apply: send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre has served Austin for nearly a century now. It stands next door to the State Theatre, constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing, and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Theatres continue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events, film screenings, and our education and outreach programs. Artists like Harry Houdini, Katherine Hepburn, and Helen Hays graced the Paramount stage in its early days. The venues continue to remain relevant to the community with a contemporary line-up of stars such as Lyle Lovett, Sheryl Crow, and Dr. Maya Angelou. Each year, more than 200,000 people pass through our doors to take in first-rate performing arts events and films.
Our Mission: Inspired by the power of the arts to change lives, the Austin Theatre Alliance strives to engage all Central Texans through extraordinary live performances and films, to ignite the intellect and imagination of our youths, and to ensure the preservation of the historic Paramount & Stateside Theatres; the crown jewels of downtown Austin.
To this end, the Austin Theatre Alliance has maintained its longstanding commitment to provide access to the arts for all Central Texans. Through our Education & Outreach programming, formally organized in 2008, we impact more than 18,000 children annually, seventy-five percent of the students are from the low-income, Title I schools most in need of our support. Our programs give students the thrill of attending a live performance at our historic venues, engage them in their classrooms, and provide an important resource for teachers wishing to incorporate creative learning techniques into their pedagogy. In a time of steep budget cuts, there is no more cost-effective way for students to reap the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated arts education than through the collaboration between schools and our education and outreach programs.
Join Our List
History happens here nightly. Sign up for our email newsletter to be a part of it.
Show Your Support
The Paramount & Stateside Theatres stand tall as the crown jewels of Congress Avenue because of the support of individuals like you. The Theatres are 501(c)(3) non-profit venues and your contribution is tax-deductible.