Part Time Administrative Assistant for the Education & Outreach Department
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time position in the Education & Outreach Department. This 25 hour/wk position will support the Education staff with all administrative duties and allow program staff to spend more time in the field working with the students. This position will act as home base and organizer for all administrative activities for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the master calendar for E&O staff time in the field
- Invoicing to schools, teachers, parents and others for programs
- Processing and tracking registrations for workshops, camps, matinee shows
- Ticket fulfillments for multiple programs- Helping manage contracts and general support for the department with all otheradministrative needs
- Should be able to work at a desk or on their feet for extended time
- Should be able to climb stairs
- Some evenings and weekends are required
- Must have own car, valid driver’s license and insurance
Education and/or Experience
- Must be professional, organized, able to multi task, a great communicator, and beproficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus and must be a quick learner with new databases and programs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be motivated by our mission and purpose
To Apply: send cover letter and resume to Education & Outreach Director, Jennifer Luck at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre has served Austin for nearly a century now. It stands next door to the State Theatre,constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing,and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Theatrescontinue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events, film screenings, and our education and outreachprograms. Artists like Harry Houdini, Katherine Hepburn, and Helen Hays graced the Paramount stage in its early days. The venuescontinue to remain relevant to the community with a contemporary line-up of stars such as Lyle Lovett, Sheryl Crow, and Dr. MayaAngelou. Each year, more than 200,000 people pass through our doors to take in first-rate performing arts events and films.
Our Mission: Inspired by the power of the arts to change lives, the Austin Theatre Alliance strives to engage all Central Texansthrough extraordinary live performances and films, to ignite the intellect and imagination of our youths, and to ensure thepreservation of the historic Paramount & Stateside Theatres; the crown jewels of downtown Austin.
To this end, the Austin Theatre Alliance has maintained its longstanding commitment to provide access to the arts for all Central Texans. Through our Education & Outreach programming, formally organized in 2008, we impact more than 18,000 childrenannually, seventy-five percent of the students are from the low-income, Title I schools most in need of our support. Our programsgive students the thrill of attending a live performance at our historic venues, engage them in their classrooms, and provide animportant resource for teachers wishing to incorporate creative learning techniques into their pedagogy. In a time of steep budgetcuts, there is no more cost-effective way for students to reap the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated arts education thanthrough the collaboration between schools and our education and outreach programs.
Join Our List
History happens here nightly. Sign up for our email newsletter to be a part of it.
Show Your Support
The Paramount & Stateside Theatres stand tall as the crown jewels of Congress Avenue because of the support of individuals like you. The Theatres are 501(c)(3) non-profit venues and your contribution is tax-deductible.