Full-Time Grant Writer
The grant writer's job is to make the best case possible to appropriate funding organizations. He/she will work diligently to create an annual schedule of funding cycles to optimize the organization’s ability to be considered for funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through interviews and other means, gather information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the person responsible for carrying it out
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants
- Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs
- Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling
- Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to grant-making organizations
- Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program
- Assist other development and organizational staff as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must possess B.A., (M.A. preferred) at least 3 years' experience in fund raising or equivalent experience in related fields; strong organizational skills; excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills; detail oriented and deadline driven, excellent facility with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, (Raisers Edge software a plus). Occasional evening and weekend work required. Willing to adjust to a demanding and changing environment where different hats are worn each day and committed to and be enthusiastic about ATA’s mission and programs.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
Join Our List
History happens here nightly. Sign up for our email newsletter to be a part of it.
Show Your Support
The Paramount & Stateside Theatres stand tall as the crown jewels of Congress Avenue because of the support of individuals like you. The Theatres are 501(c)(3) non-profit venues and your contribution is tax-deductible.