Youth Theatre Company
Since 2009, the Paramount Academy for the Arts has partnered with the City of Austin/Travis County to hire Austin high school students for five weeks for the Youth Theatre Company. Students write, rehearse, and perform an original production on the historic Stateside at the Paramount stage. The Youth Theatre Company captures students’ unique voices through activities such as personal journaling, dramatic improvisation, and movement and songwriting workshops. In the program, students reflect on their experiences and refine their own ideas before creating a fantastic production for the Austin community.
Want to get paid to create a play at the Paramount Theatre this summer?
Youth Theatre Company 2016
June 6 – July 8, 2016 | Monday–Friday
TWO SESSIONS THIS YEAR!
AM Session: 8am – Noon
PM Session: 1 pm – 5 pm
(Week 5 – both groups will meet 10 am – 2 pm for group rehearsals.)
Friday, July 8th at 7 PM. All rehearsals will take place Stateside at the Paramount. 719 Congress Avenue.
You must RSVP to attend the Audition/Training
Who can audition?
Teens interested in theatre between the ages of 14-18 who reside in the City of Austin and Travis County that are enrolled and attending school. Including youth with disabilities up to the age of 22. We are interested in finding young artists who are interested in all aspect of theatre as a profession. This program is great for performers, dancers, musicians, writers, designers, thinkers, collaborators, and anyone else excited about working with an ensemble to create something new.
Program Mandatory Requirements:
- Must be 14 years of age no later than April 1, 2016
- Must complete Job Readiness Training- Must reside in Austin/Travis County
- Must attend school in Austin/Travis County (Must provide current year school ID/report card at training)
- Must provide an original, signed social security card at training
- Parent/Guardian must attend first day of training
- Upon assignment, youth must commit to the 5-week work session during the 2016 summer program
Saturday, February 27th from NOON – 5 PM
Sunday, February 28th from NOON – 5 PM
Stateside at the Paramount 719 Congress Avenue, Austin TX 78701
IMPORTANT DETAILS PLEASE READ!!
Attendance at BOTH training/audition dates, for the ENTIRE time period, is required in order to participate in this program.
Parents or guardians are required to attend the first 2 hours on Saturday, February 27th.
Students will be denied the opportunity to participate in the training if they:
- do not bring their School IDs and their Social Security Cards with them
- do not live/attend school in Austin/Travis County
- are not 14 by April 1st, 2016.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
For questions email Jennifer Luck or call 512-692-0527
For more information about the City of Austin/Travis County Summer Youth Employment Program please contact Manuel Villanueva. He can be reached at: 512-854-4590 or email@example.com