SQL Database & BI Developer / IT Liaison
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
SUPERVISOR: Chief Development Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and provide custom analytical reports, sequel lists and output sets as required by users, stored procedures and custom views using Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services and other Tessitura system tools
- Create and maintain documentation and Tessitura SOP’s (standard operating procedures) for all users
Provide day-to-day support and maintenance with particular focus on Box Office, Development (fundraising), and Marketing functions
- Assist and advise in data migration utilizing Tessitura’s API and third party API.
- Act as liaison/in-house supplementary staff to current network & workstation IT support (outsourced), including administering local hands-on solutions, advising IT support on macro-level issues, and developing documentation on IT policy
- At least three years’ experience in SQL database management/development and CRM experience
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services (SSR/AS)
- Experience working with Tessitura preferred
- Experience in testing and Data Quality
- Working knowledge of REST & SOAP APIs, R Shiny and Microsoft Excel
- Computer literacy and the desire to teach others
- Experience in a ticketing and/or Arts environment strongly considered
- Must have ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Take ownership of projects
- Positive, proactive and diplomatic attitude
- Work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to stay focused on tasks and meet deadlines
- Being able to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Effective communication skills
- Committed to and enthusiastic about ATA’s mission and programs
- Willingness to adjust to a demanding and changing environment where different hats are worn each day
- A sense of humor to maintain balance
- Must be able to climb stairs safely, sit at a desk/computer/etc for much of the day, and able to lift 10 pounds or more
Please send resumes, cover letter and references to email@example.com – No calls please. Thank you for your interest!
Intern Summer Camp Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Education & Outreach
COMPENSATION: $200 Weekly Stipend
DEADLINE: April 1, 2017
SUMMARY: The Austin Theatre Alliance is seeking Intern Summer Camp Counselors for summer 2017. Paramount Academy for the Arts offers camps and intensive classes for students 1st grade through 12th grade focusing on creative drama, musical theatre, acting, design, stand-up comedy, songwriting and film acting. Counselors will provide teaching and classroom management assistance to our professional teaching artists. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Education & Outreach. The ideal candidates will have a vested interest in the performing arts and enjoy working with youth ages 1st through 12th grade.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including preferred session dates) by April 1, 2017, to Brian Fahey, Associate Director of Education & Outreach at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 6, two-week sessions during summer 2017. Sessions run June 5-16, June 19-30, July 3-14, July 10-21, July 17-28, and July 31-August 11. Camps are full day, 9am to 4pm. Please state preferred session dates in your cover letter.
AGE and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates who are rising college freshman and older will be given priority. At minimum candidates must be rising seniors in high school or 17 years old by June 5, 2017.
- Should be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Should be able to climb stairs.
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre has served Austin for more than a century now. It stands next door to the State Theatre, constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing, and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Theatres continue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events, film screenings, and our education and outreach programs. Artists like Harry Houdini, Katherine Hepburn, and Helen Hays graced the Paramount stage in its early days. The venues continue to remain relevant to the community with a contemporary line-up of stars such as Lyle Lovett, Sheryl Crow, and Dr. Maya Angelou. Each year, more than 200,000 people pass through our doors to take in first-rate performing arts events and films.
Our Mission: Inspired by the power of the arts to change lives, the Austin Theatre Alliance strives to engage all Central Texans through extraordinary live performances and films, to ignite the intellect and imagination of our youths, and to ensure the preservation of the historic Paramount & Stateside Theatres; the crown jewels of downtown Austin.
To this end, the Austin Theatre Alliance has maintained its longstanding commitment to provide access to the arts for all Central Texans. Through our Education & Outreach programming, formally organized in 2008, we impact more than 18,000 children annually, seventy-five percent of the students are from the low-income, Title I schools most in need of our support. Our programs give students the thrill of attending a live performance at our historic venues, engage them in their classrooms, and provide an important resource for teachers wishing to incorporate creative learning techniques into their pedagogy. In a time of steep budget cuts, there is no more cost-effective way for students to reap the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated arts education than through the collaboration between schools and our education and outreach programs.