Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Austin Theatre Alliance is seeking an experienced Corporate Sponsorship Manager to develop and locate revenue-generating opportunities for Moontower Comedy Festival.
About Moontower Comedy Festival
Now in its 9th year, Moontower Comedy Festival produced by the Paramount Theatre, presents over 100 of the funniest, world-class comics from around the globe. The festival covers four nights in 11 venues in walkable, downtown Austin.
Responsibilities of this manager include:
- Responsible for identifying potential partners to meet annual sponsorship revenue goals, and facilitating them through the sales pipeline, including but not limited to: lead generation, proposal creation, strategic pitch, and renewal.
- Create annual Moontower Comedy Festival Partnership Opportunities deck, which includes omni-channel marketing plans at a variety of price points.
- Facilitate needs analysis meetings with potential partners to develop custom 360- degree marketing plans to achieve partner objectives and goals.
- Project management and fulfillment of all partnership deliverables, including writing copy, obtaining artwork, verifying branding, and managing editorial calendars and timelines. Must work closely with other internal and external departments to communicate the terms of agreement for festival partnerships, including programming, marketing, and public relations commitments.
- Responsible for all aspects of on-site sponsor activation and events during the festival.
- Negotiate agreements and terms for partnership contract creation and execution, as well as, invoicing and receiving.
- Maintain all aspects of client service, including on-going communication and cultivation with current and prospective partners.
- Manage CRM maintenance and administrative needs for new and existing partner accounts.
- Gather, analyze, and report data to create comprehensive recaps for all festival partners indicating KPIs and any metrics that identify efficacy of the partnership (includes Google Analytics, Wordfly, and social media business managers and analytics.)
- Duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- College graduate with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in sales, marketing and/or nonprofit fund raising, with an emphasis on working with key players from major corporations.
- Articulate, collegial manner
- Able to communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to close
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of entertainment, comedy and podcasts a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Wordfly, Google Analytics, Canva
Full Time with Benefits. Base Salary + Commission.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to: Paramounttheatreaustin@gmail.com. No phone calls.
The Austin Theatre Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre has served Austin for more than a century now. It stands next door to the State Theatre, constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing, and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Theatres continue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events, film screenings, and our education and outreach programs. Artists like Harry Houdini, Katherine Hepburn, and Helen Hays graced the Paramount stage in its early days. The venues continue to remain relevant to the community with a contemporary line-up of stars such as Lyle Lovett, Sheryl Crow, and Dr. Maya Angelou. Each year, more than 200,000 people pass through our doors to take in first-rate performing arts events and films.
Our Mission: Inspired by the power of the arts to change lives, the Austin Theatre Alliance strives to engage all Central Texans through extraordinary live performances and films, to ignite the intellect and imagination of our youths, and to ensure the preservation of the historic Paramount & Stateside Theatres; the crown jewels of downtown Austin.
To this end, the Austin Theatre Alliance has maintained its longstanding commitment to provide access to the arts for all Central Texans. Through our Education and Outreach programming, formally organized in 2008, we impact more than 18,000 children annually, seventy-five percent of the students are from the low-income, Title I schools most in need of our support. Our programs give students the thrill of attending a live performance at our historic venues, engage them in their classrooms, and provide an important resource for teachers wishing to incorporate creative learning techniques into their pedagogy. In a time of steep budget cuts, there is no more cost-effective way for students to reap the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated arts education than through the collaboration between schools and our education and outreach programs.