You know Marc Cohn from his Grammy award winning hit, Walking In Memphis. But do you really know Marc Cohn? We bet not! Check out these cool facts and get your tickets to his live performance November 15th at the Paramount.
- He’s one of the best in the Biz. In 1991, Cohn won the GRAMMY award for Best New Artist, beating out industry giants Boyz II Men and Seal, among others.
- Inspiration can come to him at any moment. One of his most popular tracks, “True Companion,” was written in the back of a cab.
- He survived a near-death experience. While on tour in 2005, Marc was shot in the head during an attempted carjacking. Amazingly, the bullet didn’t do any permanent damage. He was hospitalized and returned home after only eight hours.
- He loves collaboration. Cohn’s co-creators include Kris Kristofferson, Tracy Chapman, Andrew Lloyd Webber, India.Arie, Rodney Crowell and Jackson Browne, to name a few.
- His silver anniversary is this year. Cohn’s self-titled debut album turns 25 in 2016!
- Cher is a fan. So much so, in fact, that she covered his hit “Walking in Memphis,” on her 21st studio album, It’s a Man’s World.
- He’s played with several past Paramount Performers. Including Mary Chapin Carpenter, Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, and David Crosby.
- His heroes are anything but surprising. Cohn cites Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, and Paul Simon as his influences.
- The King had a hand in Cohn’s success. “Walking in Memphis” was written after a visit to Graceland, home of Elvis Presley.
Categorized in: Paramount
This post was written by Maica Jordan